For many enterprises such as hospitals, managing thousands of costly, mobile equipment is challenging and labor-intensive. A significant portion of asset inventories are lost, stolen or misplaced, impacting productivity every day.
Assets such as medical equipment needs to be visible in order to be scheduled effectively. Such equipment also needs to be scheduled and sent for maintenance which often takes the assets off-site, from where if can be lost or stolen.
Wireless people tracking can record staff and patient movement, providing valuable data. It can also protect restricted areas from unauthorised entry and can protect patients (e.g. the protection against the kidnapping of a baby).
- Impossible to track electronic medical equipment in the hospital
- Equipment can’t be located to ensure that it is serviced on a regular basis
- Equipment is sent out to suppliers and other hospitals and can’t be located
- Equipment gets lost
- Impossible to allocate responsibility to users
- Impossible to monitor the movement of staff and the public – e.g. making sure unauthorized people can not enter a protected area.
Hive One Id™ is ideal for automated asset management. As soon as the asset is moved, the asset register will automatically be updated. The Hive One Id™ transmits its ID every 3 to 5 seconds and will be read by the Hive One Id™ Reader placed in the zone where the assets are located. The data is updated on a central database from where the companies' asset register is automatically updated.
Hive One Id™ is equipped with tamper-proof detection and will create an alarm should the monitor be removed or tampered with.
Assets can be tracked through service and repairs.
Reporting is based on live real-time information.
Monitoring of High Risk Medical Equipment
High value equipment is fitted with Hive's GSM/GPS Id. While the device is in a safe zone it will report via RF to the reader in the zone. Once removed from a safe zone the device will start to transmit GPS co-ordinates via the cellular network to a database.
Tagged equipment that is not allowed to be removed from the hospital will transmit an update as it moves from zone to zone. If removed from the hospital it will trigger a physical alarm at the exit.
Patient & Medical Equipment Monitoring
Hiving Technology is ideal to monitor equipment and patients in medical facilities. Not only will management know where everything is but also be able to link a patient with the equipment they use.
Well suited for hospitals and medical facilities, Hiving Technology offers a silent and secure architecture. The technology works with existing detection systems to provide a robust solution to identify the presence and location of personnel, patients and the movement of hospital assets.
Hive One Id™ devices can be used to track & safe guard vulnerable members of society in a non intrusive manner. People monitoring is useful in the following areas:
- Alzheimer patients
- Any vulnerable members of society that might need to be located in emergencies.
Click on the link below to view the document online.
- Technology Comparison – Compare the technology to Bluetooth LE, Active RFID and Passive RFID.
- Example Application Brochure – Comprehensive brochure of application examples possible with the technology.
- Hive One Id™ use free band frequencies (433.92Mhz and 868.12Mhz) commonly used for vehicle remotes. These free bands do not interfere with Medical Equipment.