In a nutshell about us
Hiving Technology is a technology innovation & consulting business head-quartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates with regional offices located in Ireland, South Africa and United States. We design and develop a range of innovative products and methods that impact the world and the environment as we know it. With this in mind we assist companies in formulating technology strategies that allow them to benefit fully from the digital age that we are rapidly entering. This is where innovation and the search for new solutions are continuously brewing and being materialized.We have set our vision to be the best technology invention house for innovative business solutions and support services globally. Our global operating model is designed to ensure that its customers receive consistent, efficient and cost effective services with client intimacy, sound industry knowledge and unwavering focus on result oriented consulting and cutting edge adaptation of technology that is the hallmark of the Hive culture.
Hiving Technology’s products are the fifth generation products based on various inventions over the last 35 years including several of the world's first inventions such as;
- The first wireless data communication that later became Bluetooth. (This invention was sold to IBM in 1989),
- Proxi (active RF ID product) in 1983 that was used on a small scale. The improved version of this product was called Linked-IT which won the Global Security Industries Finest award in Las Vegas in 2000. The name Link-IT was changed to Wavetrend in 2001 and 25% of the company sold for R450 million before the first product sale had been made. Today Wavetrend trades in 48 countries globally.
- Wireless Intelligent Sensing Technology “WiST” in 2011.
- U+Link in 2014. U+Link is a modular product designed to support the global trend towards the Internet of Things and is the only wireless sensing product designed specifically to accommodate the IoT.
- Hive One Id™ is the culmination of inventions and designs over the last 25 years that all came together early in 2015 and is the only One Identification and monitoring technology that connect people, animals and things (“objects”) to the Internet of Things. HIVING DATA totally secure for the Internet of Things. Hive One Id™ technology is ideal to be incorporated in all products and applications that require electronic identification and Monitoring.
Gert is the CEO and a founding member of Hiving Technology. He…
Terry is a founding member and the Inventor. He has many years’ experience…
Jon Howes is an independent advisor to a range of leading…
Mohideen is the Director – Strategic Business and one of the…
Why Hiving Technology?
35 Year Track Record
The development that underpins the Hive One Id™ products started 35 years ago with the inventor's vision of what we call the "Internet of Things" today. Developing wireless products that overcome the perceived limitations of the technology is a fine art that took many years to master.
Patented New Technology
The Hive One Id™ technology and methods are the first totally secure single identification technology with a configurable protocol that instruct's the reader of the data where to transfer the data too.
The only ONE ID Technology
Currently all identification technology is application specific and the verification data is owned by the organisation that issued the identification technology. The Hive One Id™ technology is the only identification technology suitable to identify people and objects across functional and organisational boundaries.
Support Multipale Standards
Hiving Technology does not comply too any set of standards but can comply to all standards as the technology is totally user configurable and thus makes provision for all standards. The One ID product transmits multiple strings of data under different conditions and can therefore comply to more than one standard should it be required.
Security & Privacy
Hive One Id™ technology is totally secure and can be uniquely encrypted for every Hive One Id™. Every Hive One Id™ has unique attributes and can not be replicated or copied. The Hive One Id™ data can be used in local solutions but will transfer to the data destination in the encrypted format from where the owner of the data can decide who sees what.
The Hive One Id™ is totally configurable. The configuration can be fused after initial configuration or can be partially reconfigured during its life. Over and above the Hive One Id's configurable data pages it can also have additional memory that can be used to store biometric and other data that pertaining to the object.